This is a first for me since I did everything not from an inspiration recipe, but my own available ingredients and flavor wants for last night.
These are a relatively affordable for a cut of meat, as opposed to organic white breast meat or breast filets. This comes out tender and juicy, and can be seasoned any way you like.
One package of six organic chicken thigh fillets
Handful of small fresh mushrooms (I used baby bella, sliced)
3-4 fresh scallion whites, sliced thinly up to light green part
Half a yellow onion, sliced thinly
Kosher salt, black pepper
Cumin, paprika, garlic powder
Apple cider vinegar spray (1/2 and 1/2 water and acv in spray bottle)
Spray oil of your choice – I used sunflower, olive oil great also. Keep it natural!
- preheat 375 degree (F) oven and ready a baking dish with your spray oil
- rinse chicken with water and lay out on prep surface
- pat chicken dry, spray lightly with your acv mix and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Begin laying out your scallions and mushrooms like below on the inside of the chicken thigh.
- roll the filet closed with the stuffing inside and top with the remainder of your seasoning and a light coat of spray oil. Add in the onions and any remaining mushroom slices scattered around your chicken in the baking dish
- baked uncovered for approx one hour, checking regularly for doneness after 45 minutes. Spray once more with a bit of acv spray and pour some drippings liquid over the top of chicken at this stage
- turn off oven once cooked through (no pink center) and let rest for 5 minutes
Serve with your favorite starch or rice on the side and make sure to top the chicken with the yummy drippings and onions from the pan! I served with small red potatoes (roasted with salt and pepper and olive oil, same time as chicken but for 30-40 minutes only)
Enjoy and please make sure to link back if you post or try this recipe!
Tag me on Instagram if you give it a try and post a photo! @whypoli
Add minced fresh garlic to this recipe
Rosemary, sage and parsley